City of Culture and Entertainment
The city that hosted the Great Exhibitions of 1888 and 1901, and was designated European City of Culture 1990 has a full and exciting range of entertainment venues and activities.
Glasgow is home to Scotland's principal performing arts organisations:
- Scottish Opera
- Scottish Ballet
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra
- BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- National Youth Orchestra of Scotland
- Citizen's Theatre
The wide range of excellent concert and entertainment venues includes:
- Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Theatre Royal
- City Halls
- King's Theatre
- Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
- Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Glasgow's calendar of festivals and events includes:
- Glasgow International Jazz Festival (July)
- RSNO Proms (June)
- Ten Day Weekend
- World Pipe Band Championships (August)
- Glasgow Loves Christmas (November - December)
Find out What's On in Glasgow with our event listings.