Energy Management and the use of renewable sources of power are increasingly significant issues as the impacts of climate change become apparent.
Burning fossil fuels produces large amounts of greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global warming. Unless these processes are brought under control severe impacts are likely. They include major changes to weather patterns and the loss of habitats. Reducing the use of fossil fuels and replacing them with low or no emission, renewable sources of energy plays a key role in tackling climate change.
Glasgow City Council takes these issues very seriously and the Carbon Management Team has a remit to promote energy management through:
- minimising energy consumption
- promoting energy efficient design in new and refurbished buildings within its ownership and across the City
- promoting renewable energy development within Glasgow
- Carbon Reduction Commitment
- Carbon Management Team
- Carbon Management Plan
- Carbon Management Team Projects
- Getting Around Glasgow
If you require further information or assistance please contact:
Land and Environmental Services
Carbon Management Team
231 George Street
Email: Carbon Management Group