Environmental Engineering Section provides the technical expertise in the formulation of a surface water management strategy for the City which will:
- aim to prevent flooding
- help stimulate regeneration
- promote environmental improvements
The sections also acts as consultants for Building Control and Public Safety on geotechnical and geoenvironmental aspects of:
- building warrant applications
- involving an understanding of soil and groundwater contamination
- buildings showing structural distress
The section assists in progressing the Service's delivery of development and regeneration strategies and projects in the following:
- Vacant and Derelict Land - assessing the potential of such sites for SUDS solutions to surface water drainage.
- Metropolitan Glasgow Strategic Drainage - providing a viable strategy for dealing with surface water drainage throughout the Glasgow conurbation.
- Flood Prevention and Maintenance of Watercourses - working along with other Council Service Providers, SEPA and Scottish Water to provide a standard approach to this flooding.
If you require further information or assitance please contact:
Development & Regeneration Services
229 George Street
Phone: 0141 287 8602
Fax: 0141 287 8603