Sustainable Glasgow is a city-wide partnership formed to help Glasgow become one of the most sustainable cities in Europe - and one of the best places to live and work.
It brings together partners from higher education, the public and private sectors to work with local people, communities and businesses.
It aims to help the city reduce its carbon emissions by 30 per cent within 10 years and build a greener and more sustainable future for Glaswegians.
It's a huge challenge but also a huge opportunity - it's estimated that green energy initiatives will bring £1.5 billion of new investment into Glasgow during the decade.
Sustainable Glasgow is looking at the city through new eyes to develop an integrated approach to energy infrastructure across Glasgow. It's identifying opportunities for a range of city-wide projects that will:
- Deliver major investment
- Create long??term jobs
- Develop the clean energy supply chain in Glasgow
- Help tackle fuel poverty
- Create new revenue streams for the public sector and communities
- Improve air quality
- Help regenerate communities
- Improve the appearance of the city
- Make Glasgow a leader in sustainable urban living
- Help transform Glasgow's image on the world stage.
Sustainability has to deliver more than environmental targets for Glasgow - it must also bring about economic growth and help tackle social issues.