Housing Benefit and Homelessness Assistance for A2 Nationals
Housing Benefit Information
Housing Benefit and Help with Housing Costs
If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for help with your rent. There are now two different types of help you can get, depending on who your landlord is.
- If you rent from a housing association or housing co-operative, you can apply for Housing Benefit
- If you rent from a private landlord you can apply for Local Housing Allowance . This is a new form of housing benefit, introduced on 7th April 2008.
There are special rules for:
- single people under 25 years old renting from private landlords
- for A8 Nationals - those people from the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia
- for A2 Nationals - those people from Bulgaria and Romania.
Glasgow City Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.