There are lots of ways you help Glasgow become more sustainable - without leaving home.
Glasgow City Council operates kerbside recycling collections. Find out what can and can't be recycled.
Get top tips from Scottish Water to save water around your home and garden.
Find out how you can save money and carbon by being more energy efficient at home with these top tips:
- Resist the temptation to leave your television on standby - turn it off
- Draw your curtains or blinds at dusk - this is an effective way of keeping in heat
- Use a lid on pans when boiling food, and match pan size to hob size
- Don't leave lights on in empty rooms and start to replace your old style bulbs with energy efficient ones - they last up to 10 times longer
- Set your thermostat to between 18 and 21 degrees. Turning it down by 1 degree can save you 10% of your heating bills
- If possible, fill up the washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher: one full load uses less energy than two half loads
- Buy energy efficient appliances. Look for appliances with the following labels:
Energy Saving Trust Recommended label - appliances showing the EST recommended label are among the top 20% most efficient available
European Union energy label - these labels show how energy efficient an appliance is. They are found on fridges, freezers and washing machines and range from the most energy efficient (A) to the least efficient (G). You may also see higher ratings A+, A++ and A+++ on the most efficient products
- Consider loft and cavity wall insulation. Insulating your home is a cost efficient way of keeping heat in and energy down. Visit the Energy Saving Trust website to learn more.
- Complete an Energy Saving Trust home energy check. Just answer some simple questions about your home and the EST will give you a free, impartial report telling you how you can save up to £280 a year on your household energy bills. Complete a home energy check now
- Learn how to reduce your carbon dioxide emissions and save money. Energy Saving Trust provides free, impartial advice.