A new sports arena and indoor velodrome, with a 250 metre cycling track is now open at Dalmarnock on the 10.5 hectare site opposite Celtic Park.
This venue will host the badminton and track cycling events for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, and is one of the biggest indoor sports facilities of its type in Europe.
- A gym
- A spa
- Dance studio
- Sports Hall
- Outdoor floodlit 5-a-side pitches
- Indoor roller sports park
- National training centre for Athletics, Track Cycling and Volleyball
The arena seats up to 5,000 and the Velodrome has capacity for 2,000 seats and 500 standing spectators, which will be increased to 4000 seats at Games time. It is currently open to the public and caters for all ages and cycling abilities.
- Take a virtual tour of the Emirates Arena
- View a short film on children's and their parent's experience at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome.
- Meet some of the Glasgow Life staff based at the Emirates Arena.
- View Web Cam
An event programme is detailed below:
Northern European Gymnastics Championships 19 - 21 October
Scottish Open International Badminton Championships 21 - 25 November
World Premier Netball Club Challenge 27 Nov - 2 December
Glasgow World Cup Gymnastics 8 December
Glasgow Aviva International Athletics Match 26 January 2013
Revolution World Series Track Cycling - January 2013