Cathkin Braes County Park Mountain Bike Trails
Cathkin Braes Country Park Mountain Bike Trails
PLEASE NOTE: In the lead up to the 2014 Commonwealth Games a significant amount of preparation is ongoing within the park. The mountain bike course will be closed from Thursday 24th of July until Wednesday 30th of July, out-with these dates the trail shall remain open, however please exercise caution as games operations may be on or near the course.
The Country Park
The Commonwealth Games And Beyond
Glasgow is the proud host of the XX (20th) Commonwealth Games to be held between 23rd July and 3rd August 2014.
Cathkin Braes Country Park will host the mountain bike competitions. Glasgow City Council and the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee have been working closely with Phil Saxena, the world renown mountain bike course designer, to ensure suitability for international competition, achieving the design standards expected by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
The circuit will not only provide a venue for the games but will be a permanent mountain biking facility and legacy of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Approximately 5.5km long in a figure of eight.
- The circuits will be graded to suit different skill and fitness levels
- Will provide technical challenges suitable for competition and leisure
- Will provide a sustainable legacy for the City of Glasgow
- Will benefit from the use of best practice during design and construction
- Will be accessible to a large user group after the Commonwealth Games
- Will respect the need to accommodate other park users
- Will retain a natural feeling in keeping with a country park
|Detailed breakdown of cycling course [1Mb]|
Glasgow City Council
Land and Environmental Services
231 George Street
Phone: 0141 287 9171