Bus Lane Enforcement
Bus lane enforcement commenced in Glasgow on the 23 April 2012. Details of exceptions and FAQ can be found here. Further Information
|Road Resurfacing Works are ongoing across the city to repair roads severely affected by adverse weather conditions.|
|City Car Club City Car Club operates Glasgow's official car club, bringing pay-as-you-go motoring to residents and businesses across the city. Further Information|
|Smarter Choices, Smarter Places Glasgow City Council has been chosen to take part in new travel project. Further Information|
- Road - The M8 motorway runs right to the city centre and beyond. Car Parks can be found all around the city centre.
Check out the Interactive Roadworks Map for details of programmed and emergency works undertaken by, or on behalf of utility companies, construction companies and Land and Environmental Services.
- Buses - Buchanan Street bus station is right in the heart of the city. Buses leave daily for destinations all over the UK. There's also a massive local bus network including Streamline Corridors across the city.
- Bike - Glasgow has an extensive network and expanding cycle network. You can cycle from the city centre right up to Loch Lomond along a special cycle track.
- Foot - Glasgow's great for walking. Everywhere's within easy walking distance - just watch out for those steep hills! Organised walks are a great way to see the city and keep fit.
- Subway - Glasgow has its very own underground with 15 stations dotted around the city.
- Motorcycles - plenty of free parking in the city in designated bays.
- Train - there are two main line terminals in the city: Glasgow Central Station, for trains arriving from the south and Glasgow Queen Street Station for trains arriving and departing for the north and east. There's also an extensive network of suburban rail stations.
- Air - Glasgow International Airport is ten miles west of the city centre and easily reached by road. Glasgow Prestwick International Airport is 32 miles from Glasgow with a train link to the city centre.
The city area measures 17,730 hectares (or 68 square miles).
In this section you will also find further information about: