Springburn Park (31 hectares/77 acres) has one of the most beautiful rockeries in Scotland, a garden of peace and three wildlife ponds. Extensive spring and summer bedding, a formidable collection of bulbs, wallflowers and polyanthus are planted throughout the park.
Where is it?
What can I do there?
The park has a wide variety of facilities to suit all age groups.
- Synthetic football pitch, with floodlights and changing accommodation.
- Blaes juvenile football pitch.
- Floodlit multi-purpose games court.
- Three bowling greens.
- Cricket pitch.
- Orienteering course.
- Healthy walks:
- Glasgow City Health Walks take place in the park. The walks are designed to encourage people to take up walking as a gentle form of exercise and take the first steps towards a healthier lifestyle. The routes are relatively short and range from half a mile to two miles in distance. The walks are mainly on flat ground and are suitable for those who take little or no exercise at present. For more information about health walks please phone 0300 343 0400.
- Public toilets:
- Bowling Pavilion (May to September)
- Stobhill Hospital
- Springburn Leisure Centre
When is it open?
The park is open at all times however the specific facilities within the park are subject to opening times.