What is IFSD?
Glasgow's International Financial Services District (IFSD) is a highly attractive, purpose built environment for financial and business services companies.
Launched in 2001 by Glasgow City Council and Scottish Enterprise, the award winning IFSD was originally the catalyst for regenerating the Broomielaw and the west city centre area. Today, the District has expanded to cover a much wider area of Glasgow city centre and has evolved to become the 'brand' for Glasgow's financial and business services community.
What does IFSD offer?
Glasgow has grown successfully to become one of Europe's top locations for financial and business services by offering:
- A long established and business services sector
- A highly skilled, qualified and experienced workforce
- A world class talent pipeline from universities and colleges
- The ready availability of top quality workspace, with much more in development
- Great infrastructure to support business including transport links and telecoms
- Cost competitiveness - operating costs are around 40% lower than London
- An unrivalled support package for employers, including Regional Selective Assistance
Major employers include:
- Arthur J Gallagher
- Ashurst and New Galexy
- AXA Business Inusrance
- Bank of Scotland/Lloyds banking group
- BNP Paribas
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan
- Clydesdale Bank
- Eaton Corporation
- First Data Corporation
- Hymans Robertson
- NFU Mutual
- Student Loans Company
- Tesco Bank
For more information please visit IFSD Glasgow.