Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Tenants of Private Landlords

Contact Private Landlord Unit

Advice and Guidance for Tenants

If you are a tenant you will find information and good guidance in relation to renting at the following sites:

Landlord Registration

Most landlords are required to register on the Scottish Landlord Register. You can search the Register to find out if the landlord and rental property is registered.

Private Rented Property Standards

Private rented properties are required to comply with the Repairing and the Tolerable Standard at the start of a tenancy and throughout the period of the tenancy. You can get further information about these standards here.

Letting Agent

If the landlord is using a Letting Agent, the Letting Agent must have a Letting Agent Reference Number and be registered with the Scottish Government.

Tenancy Agreement

All new private tenancies should be issued with a Private Residential Tenancy agreement


Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services