Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Apply for street cafe permission


Contact Roads

When applying for a Street Cafe Permit, you must allow a minimum period of 10 working days for the application to be processed before making contact with us.

During busy periods it may take longer to process.

What is street cafe permission?

The street cafe permission is only an agreement with Glasgow City Council for the area you intend to occupy. You will also need consent from the council's Planning and Building Standards Service and may need to alter your liquor Licence.

Please make sure you read the street cafe agreement. This permit is issued under section 59 of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.

Links to:

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services