Commonwealth Jobs Fund
Council Leader launches new jobs initiative
As you may know, in 2014, Glasgow will host the biggest sporting event ever held in Scotland. The games have presented us with the opportunity not only to showcase Glasgow to the world but to ensure that, after the games are over, a legacy remains which benefits all Glaswegians.
Commonwealth Jobs fund
Following the success of the Commonwealth Apprenticeship Initiative, in November 2010 the Commonwealth Jobs Fund was launched. The CJF was designed to support businesses with their recruitment needs and create new jobs for unemployed Glasgow residents. The fund has continued to grow and last year it exceeded its target by placing 251 Glasgow residents into employment.
You are eligible to register for this fund if you are legally entitled to work within the UK, live within the Glasgow Local Authority Boundary and fit one of the following categories:
- Aged 18-24 year olds and have been unemployed for 13 weeks or more
- An unemployed person aged 50 years from the first day of unemployment
- A veteran from the British Armed Forces and registered with Glasgow Helping Heroes
- Engaged in pre-employment activity funded through the Glasgow European Social Fund Pipeline
To register for this fund contact your local Jobcentre Plus office or Jobs in Business Glasgow.
You can find details of these at:
- Video Clip of Employers Endorsement of Commonwealth Jobs Fund
For further Information:
Phone 0141 287 7282 or
For more information visit us on Facebook at Commonwealth Employment Initiatives