Please note: Tollcross Children's Farm will reopen from Saturday 4 February 2023.
Tollcross Park (37 hectares/91 acres) is internationally famous for its unique Rose Garden and impressive Winter Gardens. The park has many hidden gems including the Glen Nature Walk and Children's Farm. The park is full of points of interest and offers a welcome retreat from the busy surrounding streets.
Where is it?
What can I do there?
The park has a wide variety of facilities to suit all age groups.
- Children's farm - an outstanding facility which will appeal to young and old alike. Regulars in the farm are Shire Horses, Shetland Ponies, aviary, rabbits, sheep, Highland Cattle and much more! - Tollcross Children's Farm will be closed from Monday 22 August for building works and is expected to be closed for up to 6 weeks.
- Glen - a nature walk which follows the line of the Tollcross Burn filled with wildlife including bats, foxes and woodpeckers.
- Secret Garden.
- Picnic benches - there are various benches situated around the park for the enjoyment of visitors from near and far.
- Centre gardens
- Children's play area - for under 12s.
- Orienteering course.
- Visitor centre.
- The city wide Countryside Ranger Service has one of its 2 bases at Tollcross Park and compliments the visitor facilities with many seasonal events and activities being run in the park.
- The park has extensive CCTV cameras in operation and benefits from lighting on each of the main pathways and buildings making it a safe and pleasant park to visit.
Please note - The Tollcross Park Glasshouse is currently closed.
When is it open?
The park is open at all times. However specific facilities in the park may be subject to opening times. The Winter Gardens is currently closed due to health and safety issues.