Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Use Class of a Property

What is Use Class of a Property?

Planning identifies a range of uses of land and buildings.

Planning permission is often required for a change of use for example if you propose to use a shop as a restaurant this would be considered a Change of Use which would require the submission of a planning application.

Full details of the use classes can be found in The Town & Country Planning (Use Classes) (Scotland) Order 1997.

Advice and Guidance

Further advice is available on our information page on Do I Need Planning Permission.







Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services