Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

How to apply for a Street Trader's Licence

Book an Appointment

Contact Licensing

Privacy Statement

  • Phone 0141 287 5354

When do I need one?

Any person who carries out, or offers to carry out, a service in exchange for money or money's worth is required to hold a street traders license.

How do I apply?

Read our guidance on applying for information on the application process including details of:

  • How to lodge an application
  • Supporting documents required
  • How the application will be processed
  • The time it will take to get a decision
  • What to do if you are unhappy with the decision

If you plan to submit your application at our Service Desk, you must make an appointment using our online booking system.

Appointments are available Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays.  Read more about Licensing Appointments.

How much does it cost?

Please refer to our pdf icon Fees and Charges [120kb] document for details of the current fee and accepted payment methods.

The application will not be accepted without the correct fee.

Can someone object to an application?

Any person can make an objection or representation against a grant or renewal application during the 28 day consultation period. 

Read our guidance on making an objection or representation for more information.

Can I trade near to schools?

There is a presumption against the grant or renewal of a street trader's licence for any food and/or soft drinks vendor who wishes to trade within 300 metres of a secondary school premises. Further details of this policy are provided in the guidance notes.

Maps of the 300m boundary around Glasgow's Secondary Schools can be viewed using the link provided below:

pdf icon Street Trader - Secondary School Boundaries [20Mb]

Do I need a license for a pedicab (rickshaw)?

Please read the following document carefully regarding pedicab licenses.

pdf icon Pedicab Policy [17kb]

Share this page:

Help us improve this page:

A to Z:

Council Services