Where are our pontoons?
- Broomielaw Quay pontoon is located on the North bank of the river, within the city centre.
- Plantation Quay pontoon is located on the South Bank of the river at the Media Quarter adjacent to the Glasgow Science Centre.
- Govan Pontoon is located on the South bank of the river a short walk from Govan Town centre.
- Yorkhill Pontoon is located on the Northbank of the river at the Riverside Museum.
What services are available at the pontoons?
- Broomielaw Quay pontoon is currently equipped with lighting and electrical connections for berthing vessels
- Plantation Quay pontoon is currently equipped with lighting and electrical connections for berthing vessels
- Govan Pontoon does not currently have any services installed.
- Yorkhill pontoon is currently equipped with lighting and electrical connections for berthing vessels
- Yorkhill and Plantation Quay pontoons both have a fresh water supply.
How do I book a berth at a pontoon?
- We currently only provide berthing for short stay duration bookings of 3 nights or less.
- Bookings can be made Mon-Fri (9am - 5pm) and are made using the Berthing Application Form. Completed forms should be submitted by email or by post to the address below.
- All berthing applications must be completed a minimum of 24 hrs in advance of arrival.
- All vessels are required to vacate the pontoons by 11.00 hrs on the morning of departure.
Glasgow City Council
231 George Street
How much does it cost?
Berthing is currently provided free of charge to all visitors. However, we are currently considering a daily berthing fee for larger commercial vessels.