Please be aware that the Millennium Bridge is currently out of operation and cannot be opened for river traffic.
We issue the following advice for visitors who wish to use either Plantation Quay or Broomielaw pontoons:
Check tide tables and the air draft of your vessel to ensure that it can safely pass under these bridges BEFORE you submit a berthing application.
A further notice will be issued once the bridge is fully operational.
All berthing applications must be completed via the link provided with corresponding times and dates - We do not accept provisional bookings.
Yorkhill Pontoon will be closed for bookings from Monday 21 May to Tuesday 29 May 2018.
Where are our pontoons?
- Broomielaw Quay pontoon is located on the North bank of the river, within the city centre.
- Plantation Quay pontoon is located on the South Bank of the river at the Media Quarter adjacent to the Glasgow Science Centre.
- Govan Pontoon is located on the South bank of the river a short walk from Govan Town centre.
- Yorkhill Pontoon is located on the Northbank of the river at the Riverside Museum.
What services are available at the pontoons?
- Broomielaw Quay pontoon is currently equipped with lighting and electrical connections for berthing vessels
- Plantation Quay pontoon is currently equipped with lighting and electrical connections for berthing vessels
- Govan Pontoon does not currently have any services installed.
- Yorkhill pontoon is currently equipped with lighting and electrical connections for berthing vessels
- Yorkhill and Plantation Quay pontoons both have a fresh water supply.
How do I book a berth at a pontoon?
- Events/Block Bookings - If you wish to utilise the Pontoons for larger scale events, please note that we require at least 8-12 weeks notice of your planned event. Each vessel taking part in the event will require a berthing application.
- Summer Season Bookings - It should be noted that May to September are the busiest periods for our pontoons. During these months there are often large events planned for the River and around the pontoons. With this in mind, we require any bookings for this period at least 4 weeks in advance.
- We currently only provide berthing for short stay duration bookings of 3 nights or less.
- Bookings can be made Mon-Fri (9am - 5pm) via the link provided.
- All berthing applications must be completed a minimum of 24 hrs in advance of arrival.
- All vessels are required to vacate the pontoons by 11.00 hrs on the morning of departure.
How much does it cost?
Berthing is currently provided free of charge to all visitors. However, we are currently considering a daily berthing fee for larger commercial vessels.