What is it?
The Council provides the stair lighting maintenance Service for tenement, deck access and multi-storey property. Charges are applied for this service which are detailed in the Stair and Backcourt Lighting Guide which can be downloaded.
In order to receive the service the property must be registered.
What the service provides
The service provides:
- payment of all electricity charges for the system to the electricity supplier
- a 24 hour service, 7 days a week freephone telephone number (0800 595 595) for the reporting of all faults
- a 5 yearly wiring test to ensure the installation is electrically safe and to comply with legislation
- planned re-lamp of all the lights in the close at regular intervals to ensure that lamp failures are kept to a minimum
- replacement of old light fittings and control equipment at regular intervals with the latest energy efficient equipment
- minor wiring repairs
- replacement of any lamp that is reported faulty within a maximum of 5 working days
- attendance and repair at any close that is reported as being completely dark within 32 hours.
How do I register
To register a property for the service:-
- Contact Stair lighting Section (contact details below).
- Provide a name to which the annual account can be addressed. This can either be your factor/housing association or anyone living at the address who is willing to collect the individual contributions. The entire account for the address must be paid to receive the service as the Council is unable to send out accounts to individual owners.
Report a fault
The council will provide a 24 hour service, 7 days a week, please contact:
Freephone: 0800 595 595 or
Email: City Building
How to contact us
General, Registration & Account Enquiries
If you wish for further information on stair lighting or wish to register your property, or make a payment or check your account, please contact:
Stair Lighting Section
Glasgow City Council
231 George Street
Glasgow G1 1RX