Have you recently received a bill for your Stairlighting?
This is your 2022/2023 invoice that we normally generate each July, however a technical issue with the system caused a delay in issuing your bill.
Please note you still have 90 days to pay and details on how to do this can be found on the rear of the invoice.
If you have any queries, please contact us at Stairlighting where a member of the team will respond.
What is it?
The Council provides the Stair Lighting Maintenance Service for tenement, deck access and multi-storey properties. Charges are applied for this service which are detailed in the Stair and Backcourt Lighting Guide which can be downloaded here.
In order to receive the service the property must be registered.
What does the Service Provide?
The service provides:
- payment of all electricity charges for the system to the electricity supplier;
- a 24 hour service, 7 days a week freephone telephone number (0800 595 595) for the reporting of all faults;
- A 5 yearly wiring test to ensure the installation is electrically safe and to comply with legislation;
- planned re-lamp of all the lights in the close at regular intervals to ensure that lamp failures are kept to a minimum;
- replacement of old light fittings and control equipment at regular intervals with the latest energy efficient equipment;
- minor wiring repairs;
- replacement of any lamp that is reported faulty within a maximum of 3 working days; and
- attendance and repair at any close that is reported as being completely dark within 32 hours.
How to Register
To register a property for the service:-
- Contact Stair lighting Section (contact details below).
- Provide a name to which the annual account can be addressed. This can either be your factor/housing association or anyone living at the address who is willing to collect the individual contributions. The entire account for the address must be paid to receive the service as the Council is unable to send out accounts to individual owners.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I pay my bill by direct debit?
Unfortunately no, the bill must be paid in full within the time period stated on your invoice and cannot be spread over the year.
- What period is my bill for?
The bill covers the period 1 April to 31 March the following year.
- Can the invoice be split to all owners at the property
No, invoice for the full amount is sent to the dedicated Agent responsible for the property.
Report a Fault
The council will provide a 24 hour service, 7 days a week, please contact:
Freephone: 0800 595 595 or
Email: City Building
How to Contact Us
If your enquiry relates to an invoice that you have received or if you wish to advise us of a change of Agent, please email Stairlighting Billing Enquiries. Please provide a contact telephone number and email address where a member of the team will be able to respond (check your email spam folder regularly).
To register your property please email Stairlighting Registration.