Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Asylum Seekers Useful Links

The links below are to organisations providing services to asylum seekers or to other information that might be useful.  An organisation's presence in the list does not endorse any of the information, products or views published on their website. Glasgow City Council is not responsible for the content of external web sites.  This list is not exhaustive.


All children in Glasgow aged between 5 and 16 must attend school. Asylum seeking families should receive a letter from the EAL Service shortly after they arrive in their dispersed accommodation advising the name of the local schools for their children. Families should approach their local school and ask to enrol their children. If an interpreter is required, the school will provide one.  Contact details:

EAL (English as an Additional Language) Service
c/o Shawlands Academy
31 Moss-side Road
Glasgow G41 3TR
Phone 0141 582 0217


The Asylum Seeker and Refugee Health Coordinator arranges for asylum seekers to be registered with a local general practitioner (doctor). Asylum seekers will receive a 'Doctor Registration Card' which specifies which GP to register with. You must register with this doctor as soon as possible and take the Doctor Registration Card with you. You will also need to take the health certificate form (called HC2) from your information pack provided by the Home Office. In the event that you experience dental problems you should source a local dentist in your area. To register with a dentist you will also need to take your health certificate form (HC2).  Contact details:

Asylum & Refugee Health Co-ordinator
Asylum Health Bridging Team
Homeless Health Services
55 Hunter Street
Glasgow  G4 0UP
Phone 0141 553 2812

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services