Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Section 11 information

What is Section 11?

From 1st of April 2009, Landlords and creditors have been required to inform the relevant local authority when they raise proceedings for repossession of a property or serve certain notices relating to a mortgage. This is to give local authorities early notice of households who may be at risk of homelessness due to eviction.

Where can I find details of my Local Authority Section 11 team?

The full list of local authority contact points for section 11 is now available on the Scottish Government website at Local authority contact points.

How do I get help?

The booklets below will give you information to help you keep your home and where to get further advice if you need it:

Where can I read Glasgow's Section 11 statistical reports?

It is the intention of Glasgow City Council to publish details of the Section 11 notices received on a quarterly basis. These are detailed below:

How do I submit my Section 11 notification?

If you have a Section 11 notification which you need to submit to us then you can email









Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services