Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Extended Hours for Licensed Premises

If you currently hold a Premises Licence to sell alcohol you can apply to extend your licensed hours by submitting an application for Extended Hours.

The extension can last for up to one month but can only be made in relation to:

  • a special event or occasion to be catered for on the premises; or
  • a special event of local or national significance.

How do I apply?

Read our  pdf icon Guidance on Applying [339kb] for information on the application process including details of:

  • How to lodge an application
  • Supporting documents required
  • How the application will be processed
  • The time it will take to get a decision
  • What to do if you are unhappy with the decision

How much does it cost?

The current fee is £10.  The application will not be accepted without the correct fee.

Please refer to our pdf icon Fees and Charges [427kb] document for details of all our fees and accepted payment methods.

Are there other ways to extend my Licensed Hours?

The Licensing Board can apply a general extension in connection with a special event of local or national significance.  The Board's Festive Policy also sets out additional hours that most on-sales licensed premises can make use of.  Find out more.

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services