Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Administrative duties of the holder of a licence issued under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005

The Licensing Board expects the holder of a licence issued under the  Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 to comply with the conditions attached to their licence and any other statutory duties required by the 2005 Act. 

This includes a number of administrative duties that Licence Holders must comply with.

How do I get a replacement Licence?

You can request a replacement Premises or Personal Licence by downloading and completed the application form before submitting it to the Licensing Board with the relevant fee.

If you plan to submit your application at our Service Desk, you must make an appointment using our .

Appointments are available Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays.  Read more about Licensing Appointments.

Please note if your licence has been lost or stolen, the Licensing Board will only be able to issue a replacement licence if the loss or theft has been reported to Police Scotland.

How do I advise the Board of a change to my name or address?

If your name or address changes, you are legally obligated to advise the Licensing Board within one month of the change. If you fail to notify the Board within that timescale you may be committing an offence.

Any notification of a change must be made, in writing, to the Licensing Board at the following address:

City of Glasgow Licensing Board
Licensing Section
City Chambers
G2 1DU

The notice should be accompanied by your licence which will be updated and reissued. 

When should a Personal Licence Holder undertake Refresher Training?

A Personal Licence Holder must undertake Refresher Training in respect of their Scottish Certificate of Personal Licence Holder (SCPLH) Qualification within 5 years of the licence being issued.

The Licence Holder must undertake training and produce the training certificate the Licensing Board within prescribed timescales.

Read our pdf icon Guidance on Refresher Training [327kb] for more information.

How do I surrender my Licence?

A Licence Holder that wishes to surrender their licence can do so by writing to the Licensing Board at the following address and stating that they wish to surrender their licence.

City of Glasgow Licensing Board
Licensing Section
City Chambers
G2 1DU

The letter must be accompanied by the relevant licence, or where that is not practicable, by a statement of reasons for failure to produce the licence.

Only the Licence Holder can intimate surrender their licence and once a licence has been surrendered it cannot later be resurrected.

The Licensing Board will issue written confirmation that the Licence has been surrendered.

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services