Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

How to apply for an Minor Variation

An application for minor variation allows the holder of an existing Premises Licence issued under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 to apply to make one or more of the following minor variations to their Premises Licence:

  • Change the information contained in the licence relating to the Premises Manager (including the substitution of a new Premises Manager)
  • Vary the Layout Plan which does not result in any inconsistency with the Operating Plan (except the possible reduction in the capacity of the premises).
  • Vary the Operating Plan to
    1. restrict the terms; and/or
    2. increase the minimum age; and/or
    3. reduce the times; and/or
    4. restrict the access; of which children and young persons are allowed entry to the premises
  • Change the name of the premises as disclosed in the Premises Licence
  • Vary the licensed hours in respect of a temporary or permanent reduction in the hours which does not result in the premises opening any earlier or closing any later than stated in the Premises Licence and Operating Plan
  • Vary the Operating Plan resulting in the cessation of the provision of live or recorded music at a decibel level exceeding 85 decibels
  • Vary the Operating Plan to provide that, when the premises are fully occupied, more customers are likely to be seated than standing
  • Vary the Operating Plan to reduce the capacity of the premises without altering the layout of the premises

How do I apply?

Read our pdf icon guidance on applying [274kb] for information on the application process including details of:

  • How to lodge an application
  • Supporting documents required
  • How the application will be processed
  • The time it will take to get a decision
  • What to do if you are unhappy with the decision

How much does it cost?

Please refer to our pdf icon Fees and Charges [427kb] document for details of the current fee and accepted payment methods.

The application will not be accepted without the correct fee.

Can someone object to an application?

There are no statutory provisions that allow an individual to object or make a representation to the minor variation of a Premises Licence.



Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services