What is it?
The Sighthill TRA is being delivered by Transforming Communities: Glasgow, a partnership between Glasgow City Council, Wheatley Group and the Scottish Government.
The £250million Sighthill Transformational Regeneration Area (TRA) is the biggest such project in the UK outside of London.
When complete, the project will have created a new neighbourhood on the north side of the city centre, just 15 minutes' walk from George Square.
Some of the features of the regenerated Sighthill will include:
- new housing (almost 1000 homes, with 141 already in place);
- new community campus school;
- a new pedestrian and cyclist bridge over the M8 motorway improving the connections between Sighthill and the city centre, and
- a road-bridge over the Glasgow-Edinburgh railway line improving the connections between Sighthill and neighbouring communities.
- The parkland and the green-space of the area will also be significantly improved, and a new public square, new shops and commercial space will come to Sighthill. Land remediation now complete has made the delivery of these new features possible.