Due to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) some of our services have been affected. For further advice and guidance please read our Information for Service Users.
We thank you for your patience during this time.
What is it
The Private Landlord Support Officer (PLSO) is a dedicated resource that will work with Private Landlords across the city to improve the standards of private rented accommodation and offer advice on tenancy management arrangements.
It is important that all landlords understand their responsibilities as a landlord, and the PLSO can offer advice and assistance.
How can they help
The Private Landlord Support Officer will offer support and guidance on Private Sector Housing for landlords and tenants.
- free advice on good practice and legislative requirements
- sign post and access to other useful services and organisations
- dissemination of useful information and resources
- guidance with accessing energy efficiency improvements
- how to gain landlord accreditation. Find out more information here
- offer advice on the information that landlords should make available to their tenants