Thinking about a career in Early Years and Childcare?
· Still at school: Foundation Apprenticeships can start your college training and get you experience in the work place.
· Leaving school: Choose from a wide range of full and part-time study options, including National and Higher National Qualifications and Professional Development Awards. Modern Apprenticeship routes also provide an opportunity to study while you work and earn.
· Changing careers: There are flexible and part time training options for people who can't give up the day job.
· Already working with young children: Study for qualifications that will improve your skills and develop your career.
Glasgow also wants to diversify its Early Year and Childcare profession
· Men into Childcare: We can help you to train for a career in Early Years
· English isn't your first language: We need workers who reflect and support all our communities. We can also help you to improve your English.
You can train for a career in childcare at the three Glasgow Colleges and at campuses throughout the city.
Visit Glasgow Clyde College or call 0141 272 9000
Visit Glasgow Kelvin College or call 0141 630 5000
The council offers Glasgow residents aged 16 - 19 years of age the opportunity to apply for a two year modern apprentice training programme that will give young people the opportunity to work towards a rewarding qualification and career in early learning and childcare...and get paid while studying!
Modern apprentices will study the Scottish Vocational Qualification level 2/3 in social services (children and young people) and training will be delivered in a Glasgow City Council nursery and classroom setting.
Find out more information and apply online now.