Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Report Lighting Faults

Get in touch

Report a fault

  • Emergency 0800 373635

What can I report?

The City Council maintain all Street Lighting on public roads and footways that are included within Glasgow's Statutory List of Public Roads. Motorways and Trunk Road Lighting are maintained by Transport Scotland.

Reportable lighting faults include:

  • Single Dark Lamp(s)
  • Street Lights on during the day
  • Damaged lighting columns
  • Damaged or not lit traffic signals
  • Damaged illuminated bollard and damaged traffic sign

Each lighting column has a unique reference number printed on the column. Quoting this number when reporting any defect will assist us on identifying the column for repair.


A lighting defect that is causing a clear and immediate danger (i.e. represent a high risk to loss of life or limb) can be treated as an emergency. Emergencies can be reported by telephone - 0800 373635

What is myaccount?

Myaccount gives you the ability to set up an online account using a single user name and password to access a range of online public services including some Glasgow City Council services. Read more about myaccount.

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services