Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Covid-19 Restrictions - Frequently Asked Questions

What are the restrictions?

Stay at home

To minimise the risk of spreading the virus, you must stay at home as much as possible. By law, in a Level 4 area, you can only leave your home for an essential purpose.

Shop online or use local shops and services wherever you can. Travel no further than you need to reach a safe, non-crowded place to exercise in a physically distanced way.

Further guidance on local restrictions can be found on the Scottish Government website.

I am worried about my wellbeing

Social isolation, reduction in physical activity, unpredictability and changes in routine can all contribute to increasing stress. Many people, including those without existing mental health needs, might feel anxious.

If you're receiving services for your mental health, learning disability or autism and you're worried about the impact of isolation, contact your keyworker, care coordinator or provider to review your care plan.

If you have a key worker or care coordinator please contact them directly to develop a safety or crisis plan.

If you're concerned about your well-being during this pandemic, you can call Samaritans for free on 116 123, write an email to, or try Samaritans self-help app.

Otherwise, you can contact the National Helpline number on 0800 111 4000, 09:00-17:00 Monday - Friday.

I have a prescription ready at the Pharmacy but I have nobody to pick this up, what do I do?

If your pharmacy does not have a delivery service, or if their delivery lists are currently full, we can provide support to pick up prescriptions.  Where the prescription has been filled by the Pharmacy and is ready to collect we can provide a contact free delivery to your door.  You are required to provide your consent for us to act on your behalf and you will be specifically asked to do so when you request the service.

A driver will phone you to advise that they are on their way with a delivery.  On arrival they will place your medication on the doorstep, ring the bell or knock the door and step away.  If there is no answer, the driver will ring/knock again and wait.  If there is still no response, the medication will be retrieved and secured safely and redelivery arranged.

Please contact the National helpline if you need assistance with this on 0800 111 4000, between 09:00-17:00 Monday - Friday. We cannot guarantee same day delivery after 12pm.

I provide care for my parents. Is it still okay to do that?

You should only provide care that is essential. You should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before and after any contact with any shielded person.

You should cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or a sleeve when you cough or sneeze. Do not use your hands. Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands.

Do not visit or provide care if you are unwell and try to make alternative care arrangements. If you need support for essential care you should contact the Shielding Response Team who can refer you for assistance.

I am worried that I cannot pay my bills now I have to stay at home and can't work. What should I do?

If you need financial advice and support you can contact the Money Talk Team at the Citizens Advice Network. They can determine if you are entitled to any benefits and give advice on money. You can contact them on 0800 085 7145 or visit their website

You can also be referred to the Council's financial advice services. If you need help, please contact the Shielding Response Team on 0141 276 1185 or by emailing

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services