We are all responsible for keeping children safe from harm, whether it be at home, at school or in the community. Child protection is not only the responsibility of social work services but is the responsibility of families, the community, education and health.
Child Protection Services are there to prevent harm to children, through neglect or abuse. If you have concerns over the wellbeing of a child, contact your local social work office, the Police or the Reporter to the Children's Panel.
The Glasgow Child Protection Committee
The Glasgow Child Protection Committee is made up of representatives from across the main statutory and voluntary organisations in Glasgow. The purpose of the Child Protection Committee is to ensure local agencies work together to protect children.
June 2011 - SCSWIS Joint Inspection of Services to Children and Young People in Glasgow City Council area is now available.
Child Protection Policies and Procedures
Child Protection Policies and Procedures can be found on the Glasgow Child Protection Procedures area.
Further Child Protection Information.
- Fold Away card for children and young people - Glasgow Child Protection Committee Leaflet [354kb] (2 pages)
- Information for people worried about child abuse - Glasgow Child Protection Committee Leaflet [101kb] (8 pages)
- Protecting children - Glasgow Child Protection Committee Leaflet [318kb] (30 pages)
- Child Assessment Orders [124kb] (6 pages)
- Responsibilities and rights of Parents [120kb] (6 pages)
- Guidance for the Development of Child Protection Procedures For Voluntary Organisations / Community Groups and Service Providers
Information about Children and Family Services, including child protection, in leaflet format is available .
If you have an emergency:
- within office hours, you will be given an urgent appointment
- outwith office hours, phone Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Service
0300 343 1505
For more information see Standby / Out of Hours