Housing Benefit Information

Housing Benefit and Help with Housing Costs

If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for help with your rent. There are now two different types of help you can get, depending on who your landlord is.

  • If you rent from a housing association or housing co-operative, you can apply for Housing Benefit
  • If you rent from a private landlord you can apply for Local Housing Allowance . This is a new form of housing benefit, introduced on 7th April 2008.

Special Rules

There are special rules for:

Further information

Department for Work and Pensions Housing Benefit Fact Sheet
Direct.Gov information on Housing Benefit
Department for Work and Pensions Local Housing Allowance Fact Sheet

Glasgow City Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.