Corridor8 - Duke Street
Streamline Corridor 8
The Duke Street corridor extends north-easterly from Parkhead crossing Shettleston Road, before deviating in a westerly direction across the Cumbernauld Road junction and onwards to its junction with High Street in the City Centre.
The Duke Street Streamline corridor was launched in May 2006.
The main elements of the scheme comprise:-
- 1810 metres of peak hour bus, taxi and cycle lanes operational Monday to Saturday from 7:00am to 9:30am and 4:00pm to 6:30pm:
- Eastbound between High Street and John Knox Street
- Westbound between John Knox Street and High Street
- Eastbound between John Knox Street and Barrack Street
- Westbound between Barrack Street and Hunter Street
- Eastbound between Sydney Street and McIntosh Street
- Westbound between Bellgrove Street and Barrack Street
- Westbound between Netherfield Street and Glendale Street
o Eastbound between Carntyne Road and Biggar Street
- Introduction of one way southbound operation on Westercraigs between Annfield Place and Duke Street
- Introduction of one way westbound operation on Annfield Place between Craigpark and Westercraigs.
- Introduction of one way northbound operation on Hunter Street between Barrack Street and Duke Street and one way southbound operation on Barrack Street between Wellpark Street and Hunter Street.
- improved access to bus stops
- 445 metres (81 spaces) of pay and display parking provided at shops.
- 25 loading bays provided.
The initial review of the measures implemented is ongoing this corridor. The initial review report covering Duke Street was circulated for stakeholder consultation in January 2008. Comments are sought by 21 March 2008.
Following consideration of the feedback received from the stakeholder consultation on the above report, a list of recommended amendments will be produced.