This Sir Joseph Paxton designed park is a 34 hectares/85 acres site and a classic example of a Victorian park. Its design and setting on the banks of the River Kelvin enhance and complement the many magnificent buildings which surround the world renowned Art Gallery and Museum prominently featured within it.
Where is it?
What can I do there?
The park has a wide variety of facilities to suit all age groups.
- Kelvingrove Museum and Art Galleries:
- The galleries have undergone a £27.9m refurbishment to restore the magnificent Victorian interior.
- Kelvingrove bandstand - for events.
- Five bowling greens - seasonal facility subject to opening times.
- Four synthetic tennis courts.
- 3 children's play areas.
- 3 cafes - Museum and Art Galleries, An Clachan, Eldon Street entrance.
- Orienteering course.
- Herbaceous borders.
- Azalea and Rhododendron borders.
- Outstanding riverside walks.
- Skateboard park.
- Public toilets:
- At the entrance to the bandstand on Kelvinway.
- An Clachan.
- Museum and Art Galleries.
When is it open?
The park is open at all times.