Our roads infrastructure is vital to the economic and social wellbeing of Glasgow and represents a major asset owned by the Council. The Council maintains the city's carriageways, footways, bridges and structures to ensure the network remains in a safe condition.
The Roads Maintenance team is responsible for:
- Permanent and reactive carriageway and footway repairs, from first-time reactive repairs to full road resurfacing programmes;
- Scheduled and reactive gully cleaning and flood management operations;
- Winter gritting and maintenance;
- Adoption of new sections of the public network;
- Maintenance of the Clyde Tunnel and Tidal Weir.