GLASGOW CITY COUNCIL
(WORLD PIPE BAND CHAMPIONSHIP)
(TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT) ORDER 2018
Glasgow City Council in exercise of the powers conferred on them by Section 62(1) of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984, as amended, and of all other enabling powers being satisfied that traffic on the lengths of road specified in the Schedule hereto should be prohibited or restricted to facilitate the holding of the World Pipe Band Championship and to enable members of the public to watch this event and being satisfied that it is not reasonably practicable for the event to be held without the following roads being restricted and having had regard to the safety and convenience of alternative routes suitable for traffic which will be affected by this Order, hereby make the following Order.
0400hrs on the 18 August 2018 to 2359hrs on the 18 August 2018
1. Charlotte Street, between Greendyke Street and London Road
2. Greendyke Street, between Turnbull Street and London Road
NO WAITING AND NO LOADING
1600hrs on 16 August 2018 to 2359hrs on 18 August 2018
1. Charlotte Street, both sides,between Greendyke Street and London Road.
2. Greendyke Street, both sides, between Turnbull Street and London Road.
3. Arcadia Street, both sides, between London Road and The Green.
4. The Green, both sides, between Arcadia Street and King's Drive.
5. West Carriageway, both sides, between Greendyke Street and The Peoples Palace.
6. Monteith Row, both sides, between Monteith Place and Greendyke St.
7. Templeton Street, Both sides for its entire length
The Order will apply to the specified roads at the above times and dates, as indicated by appropriate traffic signs or under the instruction of a police officer in uniform and the effect will be to impose temporary restrictions on use.
The Order will come into force at 00:01hrs on the Sixteenth Day of August, Two Thousand and Eighteen and shall have effect for three days only.
This Order can be inspected during office hours at Traffic and Road Safety, 231 George Street, Exchange House, Glasgow.