1. COUNCILLORS are to be elected for each of the 23 wards of Glasgow City Council. The number of COUNCILLORS to be elected for each ward is as follows:-
|Name of Ward|
|Name of Ward||Number of|
to be elected
|1 - LINN||4||13 - GARSCADDEN|
|2 - NEWLANDS|
|3||14 - DRUMCHAPEL|
|3 - GREATER POLLOK||4||15 - MARYHILL||3|
|4 - CARDONALD||4||16 - CANAL||4|
|5 - GOVAN||4||17 - SPRINGBURN|
|6 - POLLOKSHILDS||4||18 - EAST CENTRE||4|
|7 - LANGSIDE||4||19 - SHETTLESTON||4|
|8 - SOUTHSIDE CENTRAL||4||20 - BAILLIESTON||3|
|9 - CALTON||4||21 - NORTH EAST||3|
|10 - ANDERSTON|
|4||22 - DENNISTOUN||3|
|11 - HILLHEAD||3||23 - PARTICK EAST/KELVINDALE||4|
|12 - VICTORIA PARK||3|
2. Nomination papers are available from the Election Office, 40 John Street, Glasgow G1 1JL. The office is open for the issue and delivery of nomination papers on weekdays from TUESDAY 14 MARCH 2017 between 10am to 4pm.
3. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Election Office, 40 John Street, Glasgow G1 1JL no later than 4pm on WEDNESDAY 29 MARCH 2017.
4. An election will be held in each contested ward and voting will take place on THURSDAY 4 MAY 2017 between 7am and 10pm.
5. Any elector may apply for a postal or proxy vote at this election.
|Register to vote, Postal and Proxy Voting|
|Register to vote online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote||Monday 17 April 2017|
|Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes||5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017|
|Applications to amend or cancel existing proxy arrangements||5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017|
|Applications to vote by proxy at this election||5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2017|
|Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on the grounds|
of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons. Note: the physical incapacity must have occured
after 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have
become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2017.
|5pm on Thursday 4 May 2017|
6. All applications should be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer, Glasgow City Council, PO Box 15311, Glasgow G4 7DL. For advice on postal or proxy voting, contact 0141 287 4444.