Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Who has to Register

Contact Private Landlord Unit

  • Freephone
    0300 343 0414
  • Overseas
    0044 141 276 7583

Important Information

Due to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) some of our services have been affected.  For further advice and guidance please read our Contact Housing

We thank you for your patience during this time.

Who is affected?

Anyone who owns residential property in Scotland which is let must apply to register with the local authority for the area where the property is located (exemptions do apply).

To be registered, owners and their agents must be "fit and proper" person to let residential property.

How do I register?

Applications for registration should be made through the landlord registration system, by printing the pdf application form on this page or requesting a paper application from the council.   More detailed information is available from the Scottish Government website.

If your require any further information please contact us at:

Private Landlord Registration Unit
Glasgow City Council
Exchange House
231 George Street
Glasgow  G1 1RX

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services