For Children, Young People and Families, GIRFEC means:
- You understand what is happening and why
- You have been listened to carefully and your wishes have been heard, understood and taken into consideration
- You feel confident about the help you are getting
- You are appropriately involved in discussions and decisions that affect you
- You can rely on appropriate help being available as soon as possible
- You experience a more straightforward and co-ordinated response from the people working with you
This new approach does not change the way you would report child protection concerns.