Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction Application

If you are unemployed or on a low income and live in specified, homeless or temporary accommodation or of state pension age, Housing Benefit may provide help to pay your rent.

The amount you receive depends on your income and circumstances but cannot be paid for heating, hot water or fuel. Full information is available on our Housing Benefit page.

Housing benefit does not help with council tax but if you are on a low income you may be able to get a reduction in your council tax. For more information on Council Tax reduction, visit our Council Tax Reduction page.

Glasgow City Council will treat this as an application for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) should your award of Housing Benefit be affected by the removal of the spare room subsidy. If you do not want to be considered for DHP, please note this under the "other information" area of the application.

Should you wish to be considered for DHP for any other reason, please apply separately here.

You can make an application for either Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction or both through our Online Application. This application will guide you through the various questions which you must answer in order that we can assess your entitlement. If you are unsure about the information we are looking for, help and guidance is available on the form.
If you need to stop and return to the form later, you can do this by taking a note of the form reference number as shown in the example below:

Becs Example

Please also see our application Privacy Statement.

Information on how to contact us is available here.

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services