Glasgow Green is a 55 hectares/136 acres site and is by far the oldest of the city's parks. It is situated within walking distance of the city centre, east of the Saltmarket.
The Glasgow Green was awarded a Green Flag in 2011. The Green Flag Award is the benchmark national standard for quality parks and green spaces.
Where is it?
What can I do there?
- Play village
- Local play area
- Major city events space
- Major footpaths and carriageways have lighting
- Network of asphalt footpaths
- Orienteering course
- Clyde viewing platforms
Also within the parks grounds you can find:
- People's Palace and Winter Gardens (subject to opening times). For information on hiring The Winter Gardens in Glasgow Green.
- Glasgow Green Football Centre (subject to opening times).
- Public toilets:
- People's Palace (subject to opening times)
- Play Village (subject to opening times)
When is it open?
The park is open at all times, specific facilities may vary, contact the appropriate facilities for further details.