Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Antisocial Behaviour

Report Antisocial Behaviour

If you are having problems with your neighbours or others living near you, then you can report the following to our Antisocial Behaviour team.

  • Threatening and aggressive behaviour
  • Harassment
  • Property damage
  • Disputes with your neighbours
  • Excessive noise

Our multi-skilled team deal with everything from personal relationships and neighbour disputes to persistent offenders and youth disorder.  These disputes can include issues around regular very loud music or noisy parties, threats and harassment and vandalism. Ultimately antisocial behaviour is any course of conduct that causes alarm or distress to someone of a different household.

If you are the tenant of a housing association you should report any ASB to your Housing Officer so they can investigate further.

How we deal with requests?

Investigations can range from weeks to a couple of years dependent on the complexity of the issue. We will investigate your complaint by interviewing complainers and witnesses, gathering statements and getting information from other agencies.

They may also use surveillance to assess the most appropriate way to resolve the complaint.

Following their investigation, if formal action is needed, they will issue warnings, Acceptable Behaviour Contracts, Unacceptable Behaviour Notices or, as a last step, prepare a case for court action to obtain an Antisocial Behaviour Order (ASBO). If an ASBO is breached, it's a criminal offence and it can carry penalties of up to six months in prison and/or maximum fines of £5,000.

Contact us

You can contact us by using our online Antisocial Behaviour form. Also, if you are experiencing problems associated with a noise that is happening right now, you can report this via our Report a Noise Problem form, found on our noise page.

Alternatively you can call the helpline on 0800 0273 901.

Report Antisocial Behaviour

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services