Toggle menu

Report Road Faults

Report a Road or Pavement Fault

Emergency Phone 0800 373635 | Motorway/Trunk Roads Phone 0800 0281414 | Scottish Water Phone 0800 0778778

What can I report?

The City Council maintain all public roads and footways included within Statutory List of Public Roads

Reportable faults include:

  • Pothole(s)
  • Damaged footways
  • Blocked drains and flooding
  • Damaged or missing traffic signs
  • Damaged or missing road markings
  • Manhole cover defects
  • Faded or missing street nameplates

For sewage related issues on public roads or footpaths, contact Scottish Water on 0800 0778 778.

What happens when I report a pothole?

We have adopted a new risk based approached on how defects are repaired.

  • Once your report is submitted a roads inspector will visit the location and assess the defect. 
  • Your defect will be logged at this point.
  • We will then respond to this reported hazard based on the level of risk posed.
  • We shall prioritise all high level defects first (within 5 days if required).
  • Potholes that do not pose a risk will be repaired permanently first time with no need for temporary pothole material. These first time repairs may take up to 60 working days for us to arrange permanent repairs.
  • Any potholes that are not categorised as defects will be monitored and placed on a programme of future patching works.
  • You can find further information on this policy in the Road Safety Inspection and Repair Manual
  • Please do not report duplicate faults as this may result in delays.



A road or footway defect that is causing a clear and immediate danger (i.e represent a high risk to loss of life or limb) can be treated as an emergency. Emergencies can be reported by telephone - 0800 373635

Motorway and trunk road faults

Motorways and Trunk Roads are maintained by Amey on behalf of Transport Scotland.

To report motorway and trunk road faults - (M73, M74, M77, M8, M80, A725, A726, A737, A738, A76, A77, A78, A8) contact Amey or phone Transport Scotland's Traffic Scotland Customer Care Line Service on 0800 0281414.

What is myaccount?

Myaccount gives you the ability to set up an online account using a single user name and password to access a range of online public services including some Glasgow City Council services. Read more about myaccount.

Related Content

Related Articles

Related Links


Last modified on 11 June 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email